To prepare nurses with a sound educational programme in nursing to enable them to function as efficient members of the health team, beginning with the competencies for first level positions in all kinds of health care settings.
To develop nurses with ability to co-operate and co-odinate with members of the health team in the prevention of disease, promotion of health and rehabilitation work.
On completion of the programme the nurse will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in providing health care services to individuals, sick or well, using nursing process.
- Assess the nursing need of clients from birth to death.
- Plan and carry out appropriate action to meet nursing needs.
- Provide effective nursing care for maintaining best possible level of health in all aspects.
- Promote self care in people under their care.
- Apply problem solving techiques in nursing practice.
- Evalute effectiveness of nursing Care.
- Apply knowledge from the humanities,biological and behavioral sciences in functioning as anurse.
- Function effectively with members of the health team and community applying the knowledge of human relations andcommunication skills in her work.
- Participate as member of the health team in delivery of curative preventive, promotive and rehabilitative health care service.
- Mobilise community resources and their involvement in working with the communities.
- Demonstrate use of ethical values in their personal and professional organization.
- Recognize the need for continuing education for professional organization.
- Demonstrate basic skills in teaching patients and giving nursing care to them.
- Demonstrate basic skills in administration and leadership while working with other members of health team and community.
- Assist in research activities.